Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chapter 2 : My First Friend

According to wiktionary, friend is :
"A person other than a family member, spouse or lover whose company one enjoys and towards whom one feels affection"

I'm not sure about whether that's right or not. But doesn't matter, I will call her as a "my first friend.",

Atleast "in my new university"...
and so excluding :

-my landlord and his friends,
-our master students coordinator,
-two teachers I've met,
-the american guy who said hello to me,
-some dozens of swedish people with whom we talked during various amounts of time following my questions such "Do you know where I can buy a mobile phone line?" or "Is that corner okay to piss?" and "Are you Swedish?" (I really don't know why I asked this, but yes, I did, and more then once)

[Wake up, boy! Don't let your tired eye lids to fall down and close your sight, which would lead you through sleep. ]

Okay then. It was noon; I had missed my class in the morning because of lack of an alarm clock...Wait, that's a funny story : I couldn't set my alarm clock on the phone 'cause it doesnt' work without a simcard. And that's something I didnt have until today afternoon. So I've set my computer's alarm clock and went to bed. In the morning, I woke up without the alarm, and call it "Being Jason Bourne" as my sister does or "Being a ranger" as I do or whatever; but in 2 seconds I understood that it was later than the time I should actually wake up. I checked my laptop and noticed that I had only 8 minutes until the beginning of the class. I thought, for a second, to run to school immeditely but then I remembered that I was living 20 km. away from it. In the end, I decided to enjoy the sleep a bit more.

So, yes, it was noon. I reached the student union building just right on time ('cause they work only 45 minutes per day) and so I was on the waiting line for the student card application. There were some guys talking about "Floorball" training. I asked what is it, and they told me something. Although, I still dont know what it does looks like.

But the girl who was standing in front of me, maybe encouraged with this stupid conversation of mine, asked me if it was the line for the application to student card. I said "I hope so, 'cause I'm here for the same reason as you're." After few minutes, we were having our coffees with some sandwiches impossible to be eaten without having fingertips full of mayoness (But it was delicious, I have to say) . I guess we were both happy to find some other new student who just arrived to Sweden as him/her. "That's how I have met my first friend in university, kids."

(Yeah, I admit it. I started to think of this deep voice which never shows his face on "How I met your mother", while I was in the middle of the sentence)

You know, life is though sometimes. Especially when you're awake at 5' o'clock of the morning with the supreme and sacred goal of finishing your first assignment at school; which came just in the second week of the studies accompanied by a reading list of 1.000 pages at total, and also which gives you a quite clear idea about your future for the next 2 years. I tell you, life is though, but still beautiful as usual, in those kind of times.

To be continued with Chapter 3 : The rusty ....
(This 3 points is for hiding and adding a mystery to the second word of the title, with the hope of creating a wave of global and even worldwide attention and interest on my blog. Wait for it... As the most used and effective expression method in crappy literatures, 3 points is the meaning of life, path to happiness and the light in the other side of the tunnel. It reveals what's hidden in the depths of darkness and hides what's in the middle of the most powerful brightness.... You see, I told you. It's best for crappy literature.)


No comments: